Friday, December 5, 2014

Walking today, and thinking alot.

for years, I've gone out of my way to find books about folks doing long distance walks.. Not to get from point A to B, but simply to be in the world and experience it.   Lately, I've been reading books about the Pacific Crest Trail, and the Appalachian Trail.  Part of me thinks they might be a good starting point to break out and just go..  the rest of me finds the thought of them less than attractive because they ARE trails.. I'm not much into people.. and especially on the AT I would likely run into quite a few (by my standards)

Today after the past couple days of rain, I got frustrated with the computer, got tired of the noise of the TV, and decided that spending a few hours in the woods would help to get me back on track..  it helped of course :)

I cant help wondering what it would feel like to just go.. no particular destination, no rush, hike till I feel like stopping and stop till I feel like going again.. I love the "thought" of it, but I wonder if the reality would be a disappointment.

2 comments:

  1. It certainly wouldnt be a disappointment to try it. I find the thought pretty compelling, just to have had the experience. Talk about minimalism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunshine!! :) aye, even though I like my comforts, I keep being chased by the thought that I will never be truly free until I walk away from them all... and that thought scares me and no matter how I try, it wont go away either.... so perhaps thats my next incarnation!

      Delete