Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Starting to learn..

Ok, I like the thought of walking for a living <grin>  going out in any direction as I wish and finding a space to be, and be happy.

slowly, I'm moving in that direction, but in order to do so I need to learn how to cope with my fears.. Fears of being alone, fears of having animal issues in the back country, fears of running out of water, of not being able to prepare foods or start a fire based on inclement weather...

it's time to start addressing those.

I now have a pack, Water filter, few types of fire starters, water bottles, compass, maps of an area I want, Gps as a backup.. mostly I just need to go spend a couple nights and learn that not all my fears need to have the power they do in my mind..

so, my intent.. is to head out for a few days on Saturday!!  will be in the bush, no developed campgrounds, but the truck wont be too far away if I decide that I need to flee..

Wish me luck!


4 comments:

  1. I am assuming food and protection too? Bear spray/knife/gun? You know me. =) Good luck brother!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, all of the above, and water purification tablets to test out.. what I have to figure out yet is how to handle cooking once the fire restrictions go into place..thats gonna be problematic.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I will do my best!!! havent really "tent" camped since I was in highschool, so gonna be an adjustment.

      Delete